Do you like removing warranty stickers, screen protector film? Then help us make this resource better!
Pnut is a social network created by @33MHz and inspired by App.net. Here's a typical exchange, from a chat group on the service:
"It's cozy here. in Germany we would call it 'gemütlich'. this is not the marketplace like Twitter is, it's the pub where your friends are. it's like Cheers the TV show. Also, this is a playing ground for developers. Also, we all come from app.net."
"Pnut is a social network where the focus is towards humans, not brands; where the incentive is to be able to talk to people and jump into conversations; where abusers of any sorts have no right to be; this is a friendly platform for people wanting to create or join communities, where you expect to not be crushed by the giant corporate machine while you simply enjoy being there with other people."
"Amen! Also, no ads! \o/"
For more detail see the Guide for new users here and the official About page.
It takes resources to run a social network. Every buck counts! There are several ways for you to ensure a sustainable network.
There are some remarkable Pnut apps! Developers should have an extra incentive to work on them to make them even better and future proof.
- All info about supporting developers can be found on UPDIP.
Logo design by @brainseller.
|Wiki account creation temporarily disabled. @33MHz can assist.
A weekly short story challenge, the Wednesday Challenge
Pnut of the day:
Have you got a cookie?
- Theme Monday - change your avatar for the 2nd Monday of the month based on a theme (#themeMonday)
- Work chat - personal development on Fridays (#workchat)
- Hackathon - irregular, announced in good time
- Secret Santa - gift giving around Xmas
Note: A 'Day' is an arbitrary concept on Pnut; one can take a week to complete!
- Document the history of pnut.io. One major reason for this Wiki's creation is the desire to document its history and to retain links to notable Events before memories fade.
- Become the go-to place for current Events. If anything happens on pnut, one shouldn’t find out by accident.
- Add links to live hashtags on hashtag and event pages.
- Thinking (again) of writing code for pnut? Something like a bot or minimal tool? But no precise ideas yet? This can be used as an "implementation wanted" page to grab ideas! Don't just wait for a Hackathon!
Done or ongoing
For recent changes see the ToDo page.
Note: This page is constructed from others within the wiki, some with text designed to be hidden here; please navigate to and edit those. Thanks!