|Deutsch section markup needs checking. (Bazbt3 (talk) 16:47, 20 September 2017 (CDT))|
What it is:
Write a single-post short story in response to a theme chosen weekly (posted with #WedC or #WednesdayChallenge hashtags.)
How it started:
For more detail see an App.net Wiki page at https://github.com/bazbt3/appdotnet_stuff/wiki/WednesdayChallenge
How it works:
- Write a 1 post entry based around the week’s theme, chosen each Wednesday.
- Post it, remembering to include either the hashtag #WedC (preferred) or #WednesdayChallenge if your muse isn’t being helpful and you need to fill space!
- From pnut.io post:
- “Guten Abend, nach altem Brauch (#WednesdayChallenge) rufe ich auf, eine kurze Geschichte zu schreiben. Sie passe in 256 Zeichen, trage das Zeichen #WedC oder #MitC und treffe das Thema dieser Woche “Links” (Deutsch oder Englisch) #MittwochsChallenge”
- An extended version can be posted elsewhere (e.g. your own blog.) Though the challenge starts on Wednesday there are no pressures to hit deadlines - writing runs for the full week. You don’t even have to publicise your involvement, if writing is the thing that spreads your toes.
- Given the 256-character post limit most people will use #WedC. The original #WednesdayChallenge hashtag was abbreviated in response to the inevitable observation that 14 superfluous character of tag is silly.
Text of the October 2013 version of the appdotnetwiki(dot)net page extracted from the Wayback Machine archive.
- April 11: "bananas"
- April 4: "lamb"
- March 28: "yegg"
- March 14: "moon"
- February 21: "rān|reyn|reɪn"